Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Karim Nagi Instructional Riqq DVD

Wow, this is an incredible production. From the moment I first played this DVD, I was mezmerized by Karim Nagi's skill on the Riqq. He is also an excellent teacher, musician and entertainer. This instructional DVD is well thought out and organized. It's well mixed and mastered. Karim covers both the "Classical" style of play as well as the "Caberet" style of playing. He also provides some classic rhythm examples.
As a music teacher myself, I am always looking for new ways to create a learning experience for my students, and I think that Karim has accomplished that with this valuable learning tool. If you play the riq, or have ever considered playing the Riq, then this DVD is a valuable addition to your library.
The performance cuts on this DVD are also a nice touch. You get a chance to watch Karim play DVD along with Oud player Baha' Agha.
You can purchase a copy here: http://www.xauen-music.com/xauen-music/showCD.php?cd=10

No comments: